The Cathedral Eagle S.O.A.R. Award is our monthly honor for a student who displays...
We consider this our school’s highest honor because this award is about the student: Students nominate fellow students they feel live up to the definition of what it means to be an eagle.
Cathedral recognized Nam Ninh with its SOAR Award. Nam is an 8th grade student at Cathedral who has proven to be a leader in every capacity: a Soldier of Saint Sebastian, a Dignity Ambassador, an athlete, and a top student. Nam was also chosen by the Elks Club as the male junior high student of the year from Cathedral School.
Principal Jeremy Ekeler said, "Nam has been nominated for the SOAR Award more than anyone in the history of the award. I keep hearing, 'What's taking so long?' and 'If Nam can't win the SOAR nobody can!' Well now we have set the score straight and honor a student who is known by just about everyone at Cathedral because of his dedication to the Faith, his family, his peers and the community."
Four friends - Simon Heftie, Jacob Mullendore, Vincent Trinh, Miles Sweeney and Simon Heftie - also took time to speak on behalf of Nam regarding who he is as a friend and leader.
Nam is Cathedral's 20th SOAR honoree.
SOAR Award Honorees:
- Nam Ninh - 8th Grade (March 2018)
- Logan Hatchell - 2nd Grade (December 2017)
- Kolbe Villa - 8th Grade (May 2017)
- Delaney Volnek - 8th Grade (April 2017)
- Alec Goodwin - 8th Grade (March 2017)
- Marissa Kuehn - 8th Grade (October 2016)
- Austin Reinke - 8th Grade (September 2016)
- Nate Jeffery - 8th Grade (April 2016)
- Sarah Lang - 5th Grade (January 2016)
- Hazel Wilmott - 1st Grade (December 2015)
- Jackson Steffen - 8th Grade (November 2015)
- Hannah Reinke - 5th Grade (October 2015)
- Aaron Vrbka - 8th Grade (September 2015)
- Eighth Grade Girls - 8th Grade (May 2015)
- Addie Korensky - 5th Grade (April 2015)
- Claire Weber - 4th Grade (March 2015)
- Maddox Stuertz - 1st Grade (February 2015)
- Khoi Le - 1st Grade (Catholic Schools Week 2015)
- David Korinek - 3rd Grade (January 2015)
- Peter Cuddy - 8th Grade (December 2015)